One of my favorite ways to serve kati kati is iced and served in an orange cup. This year, I wanted to change things up a bit. Not only change the presentation of the coffee, and the vessel it is served in, but to change the texture. A whole new experience with Kati Kati!
If you don’t have Kati Kati, Kenya, Willow and Ethiopia are all great coffees to transform in this way. Try switching up the citrus, a grapefruit for Kenya or a blood orange with Ethiopia.
- 3 oranges, cut in half and pulp removed (save the pulp for the syrup!)
- Cold brew jelly
- 1½ cups Kati Kati cold brew concentrate
- 1 T gelatin
- Fiori di Sicilia simple syrup
- pulp of two oranges
- ⅓ c sugar
- ⅓ c water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean
- To make the syrup, take the pulp of two oranges, sugar, water, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean and combine in a saucepan.
- heat and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes. Strain and reserve.
- To make the jelly, reserve 3 tablespoons of the cold brew concentrate in a small microwave safe container. Heat in microwave. Dissolve gelatin in hot coffee. Once completeley dissolved, transfer to the rest of the cold brew concentrate.
- Stir in the Fiori di Sicilia syrup to taste, about 2 tablespoons. Alternatively, you can use any type of simple syrup or granulated sugar.
- Pour the coffee mixture into the orange halfs you prepared earlier. Place on a sheet pan, cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to set, about 4 hours.
- Once the jelly is set, slice the orange halves into wedges.