I am still obsessed with Kopelani blend. It has been my go to bean for cold brew for a few weeks. It makes the perfect cold brew, slightly sweet, rich, and heavenly. Kopelani translates to heavenly coffee, and I couldn’t think of a more appropriate name. Since I have been making Kopelani cold brew non stop, I thought it would be fun to make something with the cold brew. This coffee forward no bake pie has a Kopelani infused crust, cold brewed Kopelani inside, and ground Kopelani on top as a garnish. Layers of flavors and textures, all using this amazing coffee.
I decided to make my own crust from scratch using chocolate graham crackers. I am so glad I did. Not only do the graham crackers lend a honey sweetness to the crust, but I was able to add ground Kopelani to the mix, and really make that crust pop. If you don’t want to make your own crust, you can use a store bought one. Truth be told, I actually had the Oreo pie crust in my cart at the grocery store, but at the last minute decided to make my own.
- 1½ cup finely ground chocolate graham crackers
- 2 T finely ground Kopelani blend (espresso grind)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 6 T unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a food processor, grind the graham crackers until they are a fine powder. This took about 1 and a half of the inner packages.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, ground coffee and sugar. Stir until combined.
- Add melted butter, and stir until evenly coated.
- Press mixture in to a prepared baking dish. I used mini tart pans, but you can use any standard pie dish. Bake for 7-8 minutes and let cool completely.
Now, once your crust is finished and cooled, it’s time to start the filling. This is a very quick and easy recipe – no baking! 🙂
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 box (3.4oz) of instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¾ cup cold brewed coffee (kopelani)
- 1 T granulated sugar
- ½ cup of half and half
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
- In a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and heavy cream. Beat on high until peaks form. Add powdered sugar, and continue to beat for 2 minutes.
- Once the texture resembles whipped cream, slowly incorporate the other ingredients, starting with the vanilla pudding, sugar and cold brew. Add half and half and lastly, vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust, and freeze overnight.
- Garnish with ground Kopelani. Or whip cream & chocolate covered espresso beans 🙂
Pair with a glass of cold brewed Kopelani & you’re good to go! 🙂