While I was in Sacramento, I stopped at Teavana and stocked up on their seasonal teas. (We do not have a Teavana store nearby, sadly). So many of my friends love pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks, and I thought they might appreciate the pumpkin spice brûlée tea from Teavana. It’s the perfect mix of pumpkin, cocoa, caramel, vanilla and ginger.
When I came up with this recipe, I wasn’t planning on blogging about it, but I did post it on facebook, as I was tossing ingredients in the pan. My friend Melody, tried it, loved it and blogged about it! The response was overwhelmingly positive, so I thought I would add it here as well.
To compliment the warm spice notes these pecans have, I am pairing them with Starbucks Thanksgiving Blend!
My apologies for the uninspired post & pictures. I sliced open my right hand, and being a one handed barista/blogger is not an easy task. 🙂 I hope you enjoy the recipe below!
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup Teavana Pumpkin Spice Brûlée tea, finely ground.
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup water
- 3 cups pecan halves
- In a nonstick pan combine brown sugar, tea, salt, butter and water.
- Melt over high heat. Once mixture starts bubbling, add pecans. Stir until they are thoroughly coated.
- Turn the heat down to low and let cook for about 5 minutes, until the sugar starts to glaze.
- Remove from heat, spread pecans on a plate and break apart once cool.