One of my most favorite things around the holidays are chocolate oranges. It is such a great flavor combination! The Valencia orange via is my favorite, and I really wanted to bake something with it. Why not cookies? Cookies are always good!
People always give me a strange look when I tell them what’s in the cookies, but once you have one, you’ll be hooked. I promise.
- i package of valencia orange via
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350. grease cookie sheets.
- cream butter and orange via together until fluffy.
- add sugar, egg and vanilla extract. mix until combined.
- slowly add the flour, baking soda and baking powder. once fully mixed, add chocolate chips.
- shape dough into balls two inches apart. bake for 12-15 minutes.