Make brownies of course!!!!!!
In all seriousness, I love the cookie straws, but I just couldn’t justify buying a whole tin.. then the idea came to me.. Why not make loaded blondies, with shaved chocolate, milk and dark chocolate chips and cookie straws?! Now I had to buy the whole tin (possibly more!)
This is a great recipe that you can add just about anything to. Don’t have chocolate chips? use m&m’s instead. Or Oreos! Or both! Be careful not to add too much stuff in there, and yes, you can add too much.. The first batch I made wouldn’t cook. they were practically raw, but I still ate them (and they were delicious)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 cookie straws, coarsely chopped (reserve half for the top)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don't scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the cookie straws and chocolate chips
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining cookie straws over the top, lightly pressing them down with your finger
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. Top should be set and edges slightly firm. Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before serving.