In the autumn of 1996, Starbucks was celebrating its 25th anniversary. The company had grown from a single store at Pike Place Market to more than 1,000 stores. As a tribute, Starbucks introduced Anniversary Blend, a complex, hearty coffee with cedary spice notes.
Nearly twenty years later, Anniversary Blend is still expertly crafted from a blend of Asia Pacific coffees, starting with lush, full-bodied coffee beans from Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. Aged coffee beans from Sumatra add a distinctive, spicy flavor.
The tasting notes for this coffee suggest enjoying Anniversary Blend with a bowl of popcorn. I decided to take this one step further and add bacon and truffle salt. This coffee goes so well with buttery flavors, and the truffle salt really adds a richness when combined with the bacon and parmesan cheese.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon truffle salt
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl and set aside.
- Arrange bacon side by side on a plate lined with parchment paper. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper or microwave-safe cover and cook on high for 4-6 minutes. Rotate the plate half way through cooking so bacon cooks evenly. Place bacon on a paper towel lined plate to drain, then crumble or slice into small pieces and add to popcorn.
- Melt and pour butter over popcorn then sprinkle with truffle salt. Mix to combine. Then add parmesan cheese and toss to coat.